Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, feel free to Contact Us!
In doubles play, one member of each team pitches from one cornhole board and the other member pitches from the other cornhole board. In singles play, both contestants pitch from the same cornhole board. All other rules are basically the same for doubles or singles play.
- Boxes are placed 27 feet away from each other (from the bottom of each board)
- Choose who goes first (flip a coin, paper-rock-scissors)
- Winner chooses to go first or chooses side (of board) to throw from
- Each player throws 4 bags per round switching after each throw
- Each player throws from their respective side of the board and cannot go past the bottom of the board (there is a foul line much like bowling)
- Winner of each round throws first next round (i.e. if team one gets 2 points, team one throws first in the next round. This continues until team two wins a round)
- The Cornhole match shall be played until the first team of contestants reaches (or exceeds) 21 points at the completion of an inning.
- The Cornhole match can never end in the middle of an inning. Thus, if a team that pitches first reaches or exceeds 21 points, the game can not end until the other side is allowed to pitch all of their corn bags and the inning is completed
- If the Cornhole match is tied at 21 or more at the end of an inning, play continues until one team achieves a higher score at the end of an inning and wins the match.
- Skunk: The game is played to 21 unless a team scores 7 or more points at the end of an inning before their opponents score any points. In this case the game is a skunk and the team that scores 7 or more points wins the match.
- Each bag that lands on the board is 1 point (a “woody” or “boarder”)
- Each bag that lands in the “cornhole” is 3 points (NOTE: yell “CORN IN THE HOLE” when you throw one in the hole – adds to the excitement)
- Points cancel out (i.e. if team one has three bags on the board and team two has one bag on the board then team one nets 2 points)
- Winning score for the round goes first next round
- If a bag touches the ground before coming to rest on the board, it is a foul and must be removed from the board prior to the continuation of play. No point is scored
We also carry accessories such as lighting, rope handles, carry bags, various scorekeepers as well as other fun yard games.